Great for a rainy day or group project, this play dough is simple to make and fun to handle!
- Combine 2 cups table salt with 1 cup cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Stir constantly while cooking over low heat until the mixture is stiff.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Allow to cool.
- Make your masterpieces, and then bake them on a foil-covered cookie sheet at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Spray your creations with clear fixative or paint them with shellac.
Lengthen the drying time by adding 3 or 4 drops of vegetable oil.
Roll the dough out to no more than 1/4 inch for cookie cutter shapes. Spray the cutters with cooking spray.