|Beading kits can be found for making anything from jewelry to votive candleholders. Costs range from $10 to $40.|
- Look at the jewelry in trendy stores, or look at what teens are wearing at school functions and sporting events.
- Check out your teenagers’ magazines for ideas or trends.
- Decide whether you want a kit to make only one type of item or a kit to make a variety of items.
- Read the “tools included” section to make sure the kit will have everything needed to finish a project.
- Look at kits that would help your teens make their own beads.
- Purchase a few extras, if needed, such as containers to hold the loose beads (a cross-stitch thread box works well), tweezers, extra jewelry clasps, wire and fancy glass beads.